(C) 1998-2013 Oshan Whale Watch. All Rights Reserved.
Adventures and Activities
Sea Spray Outdoor Adventures
- Offers whale watching packages with Oshan Whale Watch. With over 25
years experience, enjoy a variety of informative, guided adventures with Sea Spray ranging from hiking, cycling, and kayaking.
North Canoe and Kayak Rentals
- “Canoe and Kayak Adventure is waiting for you in the Cape Breton Highlands with this family operated
kayak rental and tour service located on the world famous Cabot Trail.”
Arts and Culture
- “Is unique among shops located
amidst the spectacular scenery of the world famous Cabot Trail. Everything displayed for purchase at Arts North is made on Cape Breton,
and is chosen for inclusion in the Arts North collection by a jury of professional crafts persons.”
Tartans and Treasures
the best selection of Scottish Regalia on Cape Breton island and is a “family owned and operated business in Northern Cape Breton
on the scenic Cabot Trail in Nova Scotia, Canada. Tartans and Treasures stocks over 10000 clan related items such as tartan
ties and scarves in over 550 tartans, clan wall plaques, all wool tartan blankets,etc”
The North Highlands Community Museum
“Celebrates the history and culture of northernmost Cape Breton Island” by featuring presentations from local historians, and information
on local weather, events, shipwrecks, lighthouses plus more! Oshan Whale Watch is proud to partner with the Museum in its summer camp
Travel to Nova Scotia
- Well written blog which features both historical and tourism information on Nova
of the Island Festivals
- A listing of celebrated festivals, including Cabot's Landing day, seafood festivals and musical festivals,
throughout the Northern Cape Breton, Nova Scotia region.
- Annual festival celebrating the world renowned Nova Scotian
Aspy Bay Oysters
- Is an Oyster Market serving world famous Apsy Bay Oysters, Northern Cape Breton lobsters and Atlantic Canadian
The Bay Cafe
- Located in beautiful Bay St. Lawrence, The Bay Cafe caters to both locals and visitors. Be sure to
try their famous chowder.
Places to Stay
- "Dr. Paul and Barbara welcome adventure travelers, cyclists and vacationers
to, Cabot Shores, on the Cabot Trail of Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia."
Burton's Sunset Oasis
- “Nestled on a slope at the end of
the village of Bay St. Lawrence you will find Burton's Sunset Oasis Motel overlooking the beaming sunset as it disappears behind the
rolling mountains to the west.”
Four Mile Beach Inn
- "An historic inn with old world charm, beautiful ocean & mountain views, walk
a premier beach, or enjoy a mountain hike. Full buffet breakfast."
Hines Ocean View Lodge
- “Located on a mountain overlooking Meat
Cove, Hines Ocean View Lodge offers guests a serene setting with incredible ocean views. Guests can sit back and relax, watch whales
in the ocean below and eagles flying above in the clear blue sky all from our spacious open deck.”
Burton's Sunset Oasis
on a slope at the end of the village of Bay St. Lawrence you will find Burton's Sunset Oasis Motel overlooking the beaming sunset
as it disappears behind the rolling mountains to the west.”
Hideaway Campground and Oyster Market
- Offers a 40 site campground including
10 sites with electricity, 5 camping cabins (including one Lighthouse Replica Cabin), a summer home and a oyster market. Each
site has an average of 1000 feet of space!
Oakwood Manor Bed and Breakfast
- "In just a short drive off the Cabot trail in Cape North
you will find the Oakwood Manor, nestled beneath the shadow of the North Mountain on a 200 hundred acre country estate in Sunrise
Top of the Island
- Northern Cape Breton regional site containing all the information you need for a
- Cabot Trail regional website which features information on activities throughout the world
famous Cabot Trail.
Destination Cape Breton
- Cape Breton's official tourism website.
- Nova Scotia's official tourism
Adventure Nova Scotia
- Website which focuses on adventure based activities throughout Nova Scotia.
Outdoor Nova Scoita
website which features a large number of outdoor adventures throughout Nova Scotia.